Saturday, February 18, 2012

Responce to week 3



There is a great discussion going on over at Drew Fulton’s Blog about the Art of Possibilities. There drew commented on the 8th practice of Giving ways to Passion.

Drew Wrote:
My favorite part of this week’s reading from The Art of Possibility was the 8th practice, “Giving Way to Passion.”  My life is dominated by my passions and I strive to follow those passions.  It is my passion for photography and the natural world that has led me to where I am today and it is my passion for education that has brought me to the EMDT program at Full Sail.  As I mentioned in one of my commenting posts last week, it isn’t the easiest path and often there is no path, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  For me, it is the passion that I have for my work that allows me to push the boundaries with visual storytelling.
It is also the passion (some might call it obsession) that enables me to get through the really tough times when things don’t go well, projects fall through, and money is tight.  It is the passion that gets me out of bed each morning excited about the opportunities that are out there.  There is a constant battle between the fear (as mentioned last week) and my passion.  Most days passion the passion wins but it is a daily challenge.  I must say, the good days are worth fighting through the bad days though…  Let go of your fear and give way to your passion!

My response:

In the current public school environment where teachers are tenured and a little set in their ways, it is easy to become complacent. However, it is the passion of doing new things, to turn kids on to learning that gets me motivated. I loved what you said about the balance between fear and excitement, passion, that gets you out of bed in the morning. I can’t help but think that a little fear, and excitement would really help to improve our educational system.

No comments:

Post a Comment