Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week One- Leadership Reflection


Without opening up a debate about theology, faith or what I believe, I would just like to say, I love the bible. I love the stories, proverbs, and how the overall message impacts who I am and how I live my life.

Much of my love of the bible can be attributed to a man I have never met, except on the Internet.  His name is Zola Levitt.  He was someone who had a bible show on TV that taught about the history, and stories of the bible. I watch his old shows on Zola Levitt Presents. Zola, when he was alive,  had a way of bringing the stories to life. He often would dress up on location to make his point or to tell the story in an entertaining way. His delivery seldom seemed scripted. He just talked from experience.  He was very personable.

As I think of the next steps after Full Sail, and what I would like to do, I can envision creating media for teaching.  I would like to begin to look at what my students need, and create programs that they can access at any time. Not something that is over produced, but something simple and down to earth. I think that would be fun. For example, math could be taught with real life student created problems on screen before the algorithm is taught. 

To me leadership is just setting a good example. I think Zola set a good example of how to teach complex ed ideas in an entertaining way. He made it look easy. 

Creating student-centered media and programing would be fun, and engaging for students. I am definitely looking forward towards the season after EMDT. I can’t wait.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I'll have to check out this Zola fellow. It's so good when someone puts a personal spin on the narrative they're trying to tell. Something as simple as dressing for the occasion can mean so much. Wonderful. And you are so correct that students can totally sniff out what's genuine and what not.

    ReplyDelete