Saturday, July 16, 2011

PE2_iMovie


Top 3 Things I Didn’t Know About iMovie

As I sat through the iMovie tutorial on Lynda.com, it hit me that this program has much more under the hood than meets the eye. Before when I was using this program many of the cool features seemed intuitive enough to just dive right in.  However, once I started to watch all of the in’s and out’s of the program, I decided to make a list of the top 3 coolest things I didn’t know about iMovie.
Number 3- The advanced editing tool is awesome. This tool has to do with adding video from your event browser to my timeline by just dragging over the clip that I want and releasing it. The clip will automatically be moved to the end of the time line. If the clip needs to go to a place other than the end of the time line I can just drag it there after I add it to the timeline. This will be a major time savor.
Number-2 All of the organization tools for organizing clips is something that my computer was desperately lacking. As I have been working through various projects for my Full Sail EMDT program I have accumulated hours of video clips that I have not organized. Using the organization tools that come with iMovie will allow me to organize clips into categories that I an use later, as well as a place to put future clips for future projects. In the past I have found myself spending hours looking for footage that I can use. This will cut down on my work time substantially.
Number 1- The coolest thing I learned about iMovie from the tutorials is the fact that when I am done editing and producing a video I can finalize the project within the program.  When I am ready to render my video, I can just hit the finalize button and it will render the project in all types of formats; computer, 720p, mobile, tablet, etc.

I movie is a very powerful video editor of quick production of school videos. I can see myself using it quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment