Thursday, July 21, 2011

PE4_Edmodo

Getting Real With Edmodo.


I am so excited to be doing this RILS project. School starts in three weeks and all of my plans are coming together. For my ETC final project I wanted to do a test run on how I can use Edmodo.com as the central hub, so to speak for my CBR project. My CBR plan is to have students study and practice using academic language in conjunction with various Web 2.0 tools. Last year I started using Edmodo.com as a social network with my class. However, I know that the Edmodo.com is so much more than just a Facebook type of website for kids. So, for my project I am planning on testing all of the different aspects of Edmodo to see how I can use it as a Learning Management System. For this project I will be asking my colleges in EMDT to enroll as students in my Edmodo.com course. I will then embed a few short instructional videos and assignments for them to complete, and repost in edmodo.com. Once they have complete their project I will grade them based on the rubric I created on rubistar.com, The Rubric will be posted in the Edmodo.com library. I will then ask them come back in a few days after I graded their papers and entered them in the grade book section. At this time I will also ask them to respond to a few students projects and also take a survey that I will generate inside of edmodo.com to find out how it went for them. Think of this as a dress rehearsal for my upcoming school year. I am so excited. In my next blog I will tell you how it went. Stay tuned.

If you would like to participate as a student in my Edmodo RILS you may click on this link, edmodo.com. Sign up as a student and enter this group code 7yapij. This will put you in the EMDT group.

No comments:

Post a Comment